We are a design/build energy efficiency company. Delivering energy savings to our clients’ bottom line is our core focus. We are a small, growing, team who is passionate about redefining the energy upgrade life-cycle; from engineering through installation to verification of savings. Our clients are typically Fortune 2000 companies and our services include: Energy upgrade project implementation, ASHRAE Level 1, 2 & 3 energy audits, retro-commissioning, and on-going data analytics/fault detection.
We currently have an immediate need for a full time highly motivated Project Manager/Estimator. As part of our team, you will be exposed to the full range of energy upgrade projects. Projects range from $50,000 to $2+million and the successful candidate will be responsible for multiple projects from start to finish. The position also requires a high degree of time management and coordination of cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will align with our core values (wow our clients, pursue excellence, do what’s right, deliver energy savings, grow).
General responsibilities include meeting with clients and working with the engineering team to uncover and design high value energy efficiency measures, and then implement them on-time and with-in budget. Projects include lighting, HVAC, controls, and building envelope upgrades.
Much of our work is in the San Francisco Bay area. Travel needs will range from 20%-40%.
The Project Manager/Estimator will be responsible for:
- Visit commercial buildings and document existing conditions
- Discuss project goals with clients
- Conduct bid analysis for subcontracted scopes
- Prepare proposals including detailed costs estimates, scope of work, and value proposition
- Work with engineering to:
- Determine best energy upgrades given client goals
- Prepare documents for bid
- Recommend energy upgrade technologies
- Plan and schedule the work
- Generate contracts
- Track and report progress onsite
- Recognize, document, and communicate all scope and cost changes
- Work with subcontractors to implement the energy upgrades
- Ensure the financial health of the project
- Clearly and effectively communicate with the team and client
- Manage the completion of the project
- A 4-year degree from an accredited institution
- 3+ years’ experience as a project manager/estimator
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following: HVAC, lighting, lighting controls, photo voltaic, electrical, and/or building automation systems
- A drive to eradicate energy waste in buildings and plants
- Well-honed attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Self-directed and can manage multiple projects and prioritize time and resources accordingly
- Ability to work with our team, sometimes under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong ability to communicate to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders verbally and in writing
- Provide superior, friendly service
- Clean DMV record
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project
- Available for west coast travel
- Bonus qualifications:
- Engineering background
- Experience with Retro-commissioning (RCx) and/or RCx implementation
- Control programming
- Knowledge of facilities maintenance procedures, and standards
We offer meaningful work, competitive compensation and benefit packages, including: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending account, paid holidays, and paid time off. If you would like to help us on our mission, please send us your resume and salary requirements.